WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY “SWEAT FOR GOOD”: Sweat for good means doing something that gets you off the couch to help a cause or organization you care about. As long as you’re in motion, we’re in!
WHAT ARE POSITIVE TRACKS CHALLENGES: Positive Tracks Challenges are youth-led charitable athletic efforts. You choose the organization or cause you want to support and identify how you want to help.
DO I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ACTIVE FOR MY CHALLENGE?
Yes, you have to be active through your Positive Tracks Challenge, but it doesn’t have to be a traditional sport. (think yoga, beach clean up, hiking up a mountain, doing burpees…etc.) The ideas are endless – check out some here. No matter what you choose, we’ll meet you on your own turf and terms as long as you’re in motion.
DO I HAVE TO CREATE MY OWN EVENT?
No, you can join an existing event (like a local 5K in your community).
CAN I DESIGN MY OWN EVENT?
Yes, and we’ll show you how to make it happen (maybe a solo trek up a mountain, a 20 person dodgeball or ping pong tournament, or a Burpee Challenge at home).
CAN I DO MY CHALLENGE SOLO?
Yes, you can do it alone or with friends.
DO I HAVE TO FUNDRAISE?
No, you can raise awareness about a cause (for example, you could teach friends about the importance of suicide prevention during a Ping Pong tournament).
HOW DOES THE MATCH WORK?
We match (aka double dollars) each Positive Tracks Challenge up to $1,000 if you choose to fundraise. So $10 becomes $20. $200 becomes $400, and so on up to $1,000.
WILL YOU CHECK TO SEE IF THE ORGANIZATION I’M SUPPORTING IS A LEGITIMATE NONPROFIT?
Yes, we always confirm this. We’re psyched to help you support most any cause you believe in, however we will not support: discrimination of any type; attempts to influence legislation; political candidates; sectarian religious activity (any organization that has an established theological or spiritual purpose or perspective); organizations without U.S. nonprofit status or fiscal sponsorship.
WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT DOES POSITIVE TRACKS OFFER?
We help you:
- Make sure your organization is legitimate and your vision sets you up for success
- Organize and plan your event if you choose to build your own
- Connect with a peer coach if you want one
- Share health and fitness resources
- Reach out to participants, volunteers and supporters
- Describe your cause, organization and goals
- Learn how to raise awareness and dollars
- Build an online fundraising page with Crowdrise if you choose to fundraise
- Provide insurance if you need it
- Provide incentive, swag and banners
- Process donations
- Thank and update participants, volunteers and supporters
WHAT DOES POSITIVE TRACKS EXPECT WHEN I DO A CHALLENGE?
- Fill out a Pre and Post Survey. We use this so we’ll be better next time.
- Take pics and/or vids at your event and share them with Positive Tracks.
- Tag and follow Positive Tracks on social media, hang the Positive Tracks banner at your event and wear swag that Positive Tracks sends you.
- Submit all donations to your organization or to Positive Tracks for processing.
- Tell friends, neighbors, your long lost cousin, etc. about Positive Tracks and encourage them to get involved. Basically, blow us up.
WHERE CAN I FIND POSITIVE TRACK PROGRAM TOOLS?
We’ve got you covered with everything from how to build a team to fundraising ideas to event planning and more. Check our Positive Tracks tools here.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET DOLLARS DOUBLED:
You’ll need to provide us with an official accounting of the dollars raised at your event.